Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Grad School Update, Day 25

This morning I woke up with a 100.5 degree fever. That's not that high, mom says. Forced to attend class from 9am-12pm, because if we miss more than one class, we fail. Get home after shivering through 3 hours of class to find that my fever has gone down a little, but I feel worse, and look like I haven't slept in a week.

What I should be doing this afternoon: reading up on privilege in education and the direct instruction technique.

What I will actually be doing: hoarding apple juice, apple sauce, and popcorn in my bed, watching CSI: Miami, Doctor Who, The Wire, or Sherlock.

Hey. You can't be a good student all the time.

**Author's Update**
This 100.5 degree fever that my mom wasn't worried about turned into a 102.9-degree fever that EVERYBODY was worried about. It lasted for one of the most miserable weekends of my life {behind the post-surgery weekend and the weekend I spent in the ER with abdominal pain}, but I have fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment