Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

A New Blog Is Born

Hey, y'all! My name is C and I am twenty-something southern lady from Maryland who's made a home in North Carolina. I use the word "y'all," and this is my blog.

Why is the address In Roy We Trust? Well, because, in Roy we trust. Proof (from many years ago):



Why am I starting a blog? Great question. I have always been terrible at keeping a journal - even when I studied abroad - and sometimes technology eludes me (I don't have a smartphone and struggle to understand how to work any sort of Apple product. I like to pretend this is endearing rather than shameful.). The short answer is because I just had hip surgery and my life has turned into a lot of laying on the couch. Since I just finished watching all three seasons of Downton Abbey and life has suddenly turned dull and empty without Lady Mary and Anna Bates, I need a fresh outlet of diversion while I recover. And, hopefully, to continue down the road when I return to graduate school this fall and embark on a path of becoming a high school social studies teacher. In theory, this will be a blog about running, teaching, graduate school, post-surgery recovery, and life in the South.

But, let's be honest, in practice, the only real reason I started a blog is so I could have a place to post all of my favorite photos, memes, gifs, links, and funny e-cards about baby animals, Harry Potter, and Disney.

A tasting:






And, finally, the truth we've all been avoiding:

(Coincidentally, this is all actually true. Especially the parallel parking part. In Maryland, you have to successfully parallel park to get your driver's license. In North Carolina, you do not.)



No comments:

Post a Comment