Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oops.

Do you ever have those times when you're like, ohmigodishouldnothavesentthatemail or ohmigodijustpressedreplyallandinsultedmyboss? I'm assuming the answer to that question is a resounding YES because we are human and stuff happens. If the answer is no, I don't want to be your friend.

This morning I was replying to someone who'd asked for information about our organization and our mission. I had copy/pasted some things from our website into the e-mail body so I could work off of the 'official' position in composing my response. And then, because it's Thursday and because my computer and g-mail both hate me, while I was pasting something, it sent my e-mail. Half-finished, with random pastings in different colored text at the bottom.


This was me (but I actually hit myself in the face):

{source}
Then I deleted that e-mail (out of sight, out of mind, right?) and sent a finished, normal, mistake-free one within the next two minutes - so maybe he won't notice? I also figured out how to enable the "undo send" feature on g-mail. So there's that.

At least it wasn't as bad as that time that I sent out an e-mail that my boss had edited using track changes and sent back to me... and the version that sent out to 60 people still had all of those track changes and strikethroughs and edits, even though they weren't on my screen when I sent it. That was the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment