Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Free Cone Day

Happy Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day!

I love Ben & Jerrys. And I love free cone day. During sophomore year of college, I had some stomach troubles for several weeks that made me a bit nauseous and caused pretty much all food to look and taste pretty unappetizing. But, I could always stomach a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cone or milkshake. So that's what I did. Since then, it has held a special place in my heart, and free cone day is one of my three favorite days of the year.


The line was pretty long. Probably because it was so HOT in North Carolina.  Like, low-mid 80's hot. We had a very cold March and an incredibly prolonged winter, and now we've jumped straight into summer. I don't really like summer all that much. (My ideal weather would be 64-75 degrees all year round, with a few days of snow. If anyone knows where I can find that, hook a girl up).




They set up some hula hooping in the square next to the store for the little tykes to distract them from standing in the sun. I thought that was a nice touch and very thoughtful.



Cone day was a bit of an adventure, because there's not much parking right near the store. I had to crutch probably about half a mile to get to the store to stand in line. Once I got to the front, I realized that I had to figure out how to hold an ice cream cone while still using both crutches. While I tried to figure this out, I got ice cream in my hair.

The good news is: I got my ice cream. One cone of Cherry Garcia. And it was delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment