Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Five Thumbs Up Friday

This has been an incredibly long week. For me, for America, for everyone. I had the news on in the background all morning while I worked, but finally had to turn it off because it was just too much. It seems a bit non-PC to talk about trivial things at the moment, but I think it's also important that we try to come up with positives from this horrifyingly violent week.

Thumbs Up: I am walking with only one crutch! Huge news. Awkward/sometimes painful, but progress.

Thumps Up: My friends & I bought tickets to see the Zac Brown Band when they come to Raleigh in June! We went last year, but this is an exciting surprise because we didn't think they were coming back. Luckily, they just announced that they are!

{source}
Thumbs Up: Since I now have one free arm, I was finally able to vacuum the apartment for the first time in three weeks. It was incredibly wonderful to de-dog fur.

Thumbs Up: I get to see lots of my club soccer friends tomorrow in Chapel Hill at the UNC club team's annual 7v7 tournament. There's only one more year of students that were in school when I was, so it's getting bittersweet. I haven't missed a 7v7 tournament since I started college!

{source}
Thumbs Up: Many months later, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Pitch Perfect soundtrack, and today I'm purchasing the DVD. When I first saw the movie, I rewound it to watch the ending 3 times in a row. Simple pleasures, people.

That's it for me- have a good weekend, y'all. Let's try to spread some positivity, encouragement, love, and strength. Prayers and thoughts for the people in Texas and Massachusetts, and people affected everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment