Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm cleaning out the sticky notes gadget on my computer, and wanted to move this quote to a place where I'll always be able to access it. When I saw this, all I could think about is the profession of teaching. Teaching is so, so challenging, and I know it will be immensely difficult for me - especially the first year - but I would not be happy with a career that didn't make some kind of difference in peoples' lives. Teaching is not a very lucrative profession, but it's a meaningful one. Ultimately, the latter is more important to me.

For a long time, I wanted to work with animals/be a veterinarian. Though they are vastly different, I think teaching and the practice of veterinary medicine have a lot in common. Mainly: caring for and nurturing those who may not be able to speak for themselves, and hopefully improving each person's (or animal's) life in some way. This is truly work that is worth doing.


"The best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
 -Bridge to Terabithia

No comments:

Post a Comment