Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Tough Day.

Today has been really tough. Really, really, emotionally and mentally draining. Long story short, someone pulled me into the swimming pool on Saturday afternoon, and I immediately felt my hip react. No popping or breaking or sounds or anything, but I felt immediate significant pain, and I knew it was not good news. My hip has hurt much more intensely in the three days since, and last night I tried to stand up from sitting on the couch with my surgery leg as my plant leg, and I had to sit right back down because my hip was in too much pain from trying to support the pressure. I saw my therapist today, and he was mildly concerned with how much pain it was giving me, and said - basically - that it is super duper inflamed.

I haven't had a hip-induced mental/emotional breakdown in a long time; I have been fairly good, I think, about trying to stay positive and be hopeful and excited for what's to come. Nobody's perfect, of course, and nobody can expect me to be happy-go-lucky all the time given what's gone on over the past year. However, next week is my 12-week appointment, which is the "magic date" when you are theoretically cleared to run, and after today it became evident that I am in no shape to be running - or, really, doing anything active except biking. We can't kick my ache, and now we're dealing with insane(ly painful, I might add) inflammation.

So, going back to my long story short, today has been really tough. I bought myself a pair of Carolina blue running shorts {purchasing an item of running gear here or there has helped my motivation over the last many many months} after my appointment to cheer myself up, but it didn't work as well as I hoped it would, since I spiraled into thoughts of what-if-I-never-get-to-use-them and what-if-I-can-never-play-soccer-and-run-again-the-way-I-want-to.

Luckily, my friend KB sent over this gif of a dancing Doctor {played by Matt Smith}.


And WB sent me this bear hug.

And introduced me to this page of dog gifs that I'm ashamed and surprised I hadn't found before.

So, LET'S GO {in David Tennant voice}. I have some really great & supportive & laugh-inducing-even-when-you're-frowning friends {and family}, and I am so very thankful for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment