Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Beach Day

Greetings from Maryland, earthlings! I had a very long trip up yesterday, but at least I made it safely. And in time to go out to dinner with my family :) I am also insanely happy about the events that took place in the Supreme Court yesterday. And that's all I will say about that. Back to regular blogramming!

At the end of last week, PJA, HL, and I headed to Ocean Isle beach to pick up our friend KC from her family beach week. KC lives in Nashville and wanted to come to the Zac Brown Band concert with us, but didn't have a way to get from the beach to Raleigh. So, her parents invited us to stay and take her back with us, and we kindly obliged!

We got to the beach Wednesday night around 6:45 or so, and played charades with KC, her parents, her brother & sister-in-law, and her aunt & cousin.

acting out "Grandma's Boy"
The next day, we spent the entire day on the beach {and I have the sunburn to prove it!}. {Editor's note: I applied lotion religiously and it has all turned to tan. A very weird tan, but no sign of peeling - yet - so I am pleased.} The morning started off cloudy and a little chilly, so there were very few people there when we set up at the beach around 10am.

ladder golf
Luckily, the weather soon warmed up, the sun came out, and it was a beautiful sunny day at the beach!


We spent the rest of the day lounging on the beach, drinking beer, playing games, and reading.

beach babe friends!
Truly a perfect day! Though apparently sunscreen has no effect on my skin. I reapplied every hour or so, and lathered liberally. Yet I still came home as a painful tomato!


Thursday night, we ordered take out from Sharky's Restaurant, which was delicious. I had the not-so-cajun chicken, which was an angel hair pasta & chicken dish with a cajun-flavored alfredo-type sauce. It came highly recommended by KC's family, and it certainly did not disappoint. Best news was I had enough leftovers for another 2 lunches!

We spent the evening watching UNC baseball play NC State in the College World Series, which UNC won {go Heels!}. We ended up being eliminated from the tournament on Friday night by UCLA, but it is still a major accomplishment to go to the CWS and win two games. I am so proud of my team!

The four of us got up nice and early on Friday morning to head back to Raleigh/Chapel Hill so that I would be home in time to greet SRK and prepare for the Zac Brown Band concert. Yay summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment