Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Alarming State of North Carolina Education

A former professor from NCSSM wrote this column in response to the NC Senate's idiotic ideas on education and teacher reform. This idiocy hits home for me because I am about to go back to school to get a Master's in teaching - but if the education system is dismal, as they are trying to make it, then what, pray tell, is the point? I might as well be going to school in Maryland, hooking up with the teachers I have connections with {there are a LOT}, and getting myself a job up there - where the cost of living is higher, but also the pay and standards and treatment are higher.

I encourage you to read this article, and make your voice heard. Teachers play such an important role in the world - and in your life and your own children's lives - that they cannot possibly be overvalued. Sadly, as with most of the do-good professions, they are dismally dismally undervalued.

No comments:

Post a Comment