Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

6 Weeks Post-Op Appointment

Today is an exciting day! For one, it's Wednesday, which means it's almost Friday, which is always a reason to celebrate. But, today was also my 6-week post-operation appointment with my surgeon. And the verdict is...

My hip is doing great!

It's been hard to keep things in perspective with the general emotional downturn that arrived with surgery, and most days I don't feel like I'm making any progress at all (though I obviously am since I'm walking on my own two feet now!). So, it was really wonderful news to hear that I am exactly where he thinks I should be, and that everything looks and feels fine. He told me that the bike is my best friend - and I plan on ramping up my at-home exercises (which currently consists of... nothing. Guilty.) to make sure that I am biking for at least 15 minutes everyday. I have also been cleared to swim and to use the elliptical (which is my least favorite exercise machine, but whatever).

my 6-week hip
I have a final appointment in another 6 weeks, and he said until then I should be focusing on getting my strength back in my legs, hip, and core. It will be a long six weeks of therapy, but I'm so pleased that everything is working the way it should be.

Today I also had to get a TB test read that I had done on Monday. To fill out the application for my student teaching placement, we have to have a mini-exam and a TB test to ensure we are fit to care for children. Good news is I am also tuberculosis-free!



And there you have it. A happy health Wednesday. Now I'm off to my little girls' last practice of the season, thunderstorms allowing. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment