Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Super(hero) Weekend

I apologize for my absence on the airwaves yesterday. I spent a long time waiting in a doctor's office and driving back & forth, and then it thunderstormed ALL day (we haven't seen the sun in 11 days. I've been counting), and I took a nap mid-work, so I really just didn't get around to blogging. Speaking of doctor's offices, I have 4.5 doctor appointments this week. I estimate I spend 40% of my time commuting to/waiting on/ engaging in doctor appointments. Anyway, I digress.

I had a pretty quality time this past weekend with my friends in Chapel Hill (they're the best). My little girls had a soccer game bright and early on Saturday morning at 9am in the middle of nowhere, northern Durham (seriously, it was the middle of nowhere). It also happened to be approximately 55 degrees and overcast, and by the time the game was over, my fingers were a little numb. Luckily, I stopped for this baby on the way, and she at least kept me alert (if not warm) while my little monsters ran around the field.

{source}
They lost 4-2, but the last time we played this team we lost 5-0 and looked atrocious, and we actually looked pretty good this time. I was a proud coach-mama.

I then made my way to Chapel Hill to tour a potential condo for next year. It was beautiful (and pet-friendly!), but I think a little bit far from campus for my liking, so I'm not sure that it's the one.

Then it was time for.... Iron Man 3. It took me a while to get into the Marvel movies, because I guess I didn't really have a good idea of what they were about. But I'm a huge sucker for action films, and once The Avengers came out last year, I was a goner. So, I was super stoked to see Iron Man 3 (plus I have a huge soft spot, borderline obsession, for RDJ). Of course, Robert did not disappoint me, and it was fantastic.
{source}
It was definitely better than the second, and I would say (though my friends disagree) that it gives the first installment a run for its money. 

After a few hours of lounging around watching Kentucky Derby coverage and a couple of minutes of actually watching the race (I was rooting for Frac Daddy), we treated ourselves to an early Cinco de Mayo celebration.




Quesadillas and margaritas are two of my absolute most favorite things in the world, so Cinco de Mayo is a holiday I very much enjoy. I had a chicken quesadilla fajita, which was basically a fajita inside a quesadilla, so it was fantastic. It was a little chilly, but we sat outside so we could be seated right away, and it was nice to have a leisurely dinner (not to mention two pitchers of margaritas) with my best friends.

I have a couple of appointments tomorrow and a full day of commitments, so I will catch ya on the flip side of my 6-week post-op appointment! Have a happy NCIS day!

No comments:

Post a Comment