Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Five Thumbs Up Friday

Good morning and happy Friday! It's been another wonderful week {wow, two weeks in a row. I like this!}.

Best things of the week?

Thumbs Up: As you've already heard, last weekend's surprise engagement party was quite the success, and I was so happy to be a part of it!

Thumbs Up: I'd been debating for a long time, but I finally bought a ticket to go see Brad Paisley when he's in Raleigh. This seems like an obvious "yes" decision, but there are a few other things going on that day that made me uncertain whether I could attend. Luckily, I came to my senses and I now have a date with this cutie on June 8.

{source}
{Side note: I have a Stetson - a real one! - that looks very similar to his trademark white one. Basically we're meant to be. Wife who?}

Thumbs Up: Tomorrow I am taking my friend JM on a date to Carolina Tiger Rescue, which is exactly what it sounds like. I interned there two summers ago, and haven't been back since. I can't wait to see some of these guys:

binturong {source}
And tigers, too, obviously. But mostly the binturongs. {Which are seriously cute animals and don't try to tell me differently!}

Thumbs Up: A fabulous mid-week much-needed lunch date with BS, complete with empanadas and a beer that made me slightly less productive than usual on Wednesday afternoon. Whoops.

Thumbs Up: Last night I went to the Beach Music Festival at North Hills with JM, and it was fantastic. The band that played was called Liquid Pleasure, who we are actually quite familiar with, as they often played at fraternity events when we were in college. It was a beautiful night for outdoor music {and a cold beer. And ice cream...}.

post-Liquid Pleasure
I am headed back to Maryland this weekend for an entire week of dogsitting a fluffy naughty 10-month old Great Pyrenees puppy {and an older, responsible one, but that's not nearly as exciting}. Many puppy pictures to come! Have a wonderful weekend.


Questions of the day:

Any exciting plans for the weekend?
What is your favorite wild animal?
Have you ever heard of a binturong?

No comments:

Post a Comment