Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Durham Bulls

Last Thursday night, a group of friends went to a Durham Bulls baseball game. The Bulls are an AAA minor league team that plays in - obviously - Durham. Even though I've been close to Durham for 5 years, this was my first game! I love baseball so it's strange that I haven't been to one until now. 

After a few rainy weeks, the day of the game was absolutely beautiful. Even better, it was $1 snack night (hot dogs, french fries, and popcorn were all just $1). And the Bulls beat the Syracuse Chiefs, 4-2. Hooray!

view of the park from Tobacco Road
We got to Durham a bit before game time so that we could enjoy a couple of beers at Tobacco Road, a sports cafe with locations Durham, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill. In Durham, the bar actually overlooks the Bulls' stadium, so you could watch the game from the comfort of the bar if you wished.

view of Tobacco Road from the stadium
This, to me, is the coolest thing - ever. We actually ended up going back to Tobacco Road after the game for another beer before heading home. The big bull sign mounted on the Tobacco Road patio is a game for home runs - if a player hits a home run and hits the grass on the sign, a particular row will win free salad; if a player hits the body of the bull, the row will win steaks. Fun!


Though we had seats for the terrace, which is near where the infield ends and outfield begins, we sat in the outfield. The seats weren't bad - and with my new, nifty camera, I could take close ups that looked pretty good. We bought our tickets through a Living Social deal {those are the best!}, but I'm told that outfield tickets normally cost only $7.50 or so. Totally affordable.

me & my amigo HL
It was a wonderful way to spend a beautiful Thursday evening - summer weather, beer, baseball, and my best friends.


Questions of the Day:
Do you like watching baseball?
Have you ever been to a minor league game?

No comments:

Post a Comment